Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
1. at minimum, be in junior standing to take upper-division courses.
2. complete CRJ 100 as the prerequisite for all upper-division CRJ courses.
3. complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of graded classroom and online course work (internship or independent study not applicable).
4. complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of CRJ resident credit at ASU.
5. earn a grade of "C" (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) or higher for all classes in the minor.
6. meet with a criminal justice advisor prior to registration.
GPA Requirement: minimum 2.00
Majors Ineligible to Add This Minor: BS in criminology and criminal justice majors and BS in public service and public policy majors with the following concentrations: criminology, law and policy, or emergency management and homeland security
Other Enrollment Requirements: None
Applicants are asked to please meet with a criminal justice advisor prior to registration.
Students in most majors may pursue at least one minor and, upon successful completion of the prescribed coursework, have that accomplishment officially recognized on the ASU transcript at graduation if the college or department of the minor officially certifies, through established verification procedures, that all requirements for the minor have been met and the college (and in certain colleges, the department) of the student's major allows the official recognition of the minor.
A student wishing to pursue a specific minor should consult an academic advisor in the unit offering that minor to ensure that an appropriate set of courses is taken. The student should also consult an academic advisor in the college or department of the major to make sure the college or department of the major allows the recognition of the minor.
Note: Certain major and minor combinations may be deemed inappropriate either by the college or department of the major or minor. Courses taken as part of a minor may not count toward both the major degree and the minor. Students should contact the department for more information.
ASU offers this program in an online format with multiple enrollment sessions throughout the year and accelerated 7.5 week classes. View the program description and request more information here.