Faculty Profile: Bob Robson
Professor of Practice
John Jay College, NY, M.A.
ASU at the Downtown campus
Office: Channel 8 Cronkite Bldg. Room 502C
Bob Robson completed his M.A. in Criminal Justice at John Jay College – New York in 1980. His research and expertise lies in organizational leadership: working within government agencies, planning and communicating with community organizations. He has established contacts within the local and state communities for the past 29 years.
- Served in the Arizona State Legislature for eight years.
- Guest lecturer at all grade levels at academic institutions statewide. Focus: Criminal Justice, Civics and Government.
- Participated and presided over community organizations in strategic and goal planning. Developed and assisted others in developing critical thinking skills to work within community and legal bylaws and guidelines. Worked as a liaison to balance legislative and community goals.
- Community Service Volunteer: Participated and received various honors for work in: Planning and Zoning Commission, Neighborhood Preservation, Kiwanis International, Chandler High School Key Club, Educational Liaison for multiple Chandler schools and development of Arizona History and Government standards, obtained farming grant for a Chandler school’s science department to initialize agricultural studies, participant in Salt River Project’s 2009 Martin Luther King Day FACE TOLERANCE educational art project and museum exhibit.
- Speaker Pro Temproe of the Arizona House of Representatives
- Chairman and previous Vice-Chairman of House Rules Committee.
- Chairman of Ethics Committee.
- Member of Environmental Committee, working with chairman on environmental legislation.
- Member of House Appropriations Committee.
- Member of Judiciary Committee.
- Member of a variety of adhoc and special committees for House of Representatives.
- Worked to communicate with constituents in the development, writing, revising and passing of legislation.
LET100 Introduction to Law Enforcement Technology 1
LET102 Criminal Investigation